So where do things stand at the moment? I've actually accomplished a lot.
1. We finished the trailer for "Yankee Reconstructed." Despite continuing problems with Vistaprint that prevent me from playing the video on my website or on my Vistaprint blog, I've been able to add it to my Amazon Author's page and to show it on Facebook. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/sVc9Ca4vS6o
2. Pre-orders for electronic editions are set up and available at Kindle, Apple iBooks, Barnes&Noble, and Kobo.
3. I completed the close reading of the first master proof on December 1 and mailed detailed instructions for a new layout to the publisher. The second master proof arrived today by overnight air, and so far, I am entirely satisfied with what I am seeing. Margins are correct, page numbers have been moved, font has been changed. I will still need to read through the whole thing to make sure that nothing has been left out, but I am cautiously optimistic that we are going to meet the deadlines.
4. I was able to extrapolate the number of pages (486) from the digital proof. My cover designer had been waiting for that number to set the spine measurement. So now we have an entire cover layout -- front, back, and spine. Since readers who use electronic devices only see the front cover, I thought I would include the whole spread here, so that everyone can see the endorsement/promotional text.