OK. I admit it. I'm officially drowning here. It's the weekend, right? Time to wind down, do something that's relaxing, read a good book, sleep in. Sounds good. Ain't gonna happen. Here's what I'm facing, just for today:
1. Looming book deadlines. The story is finished, but I need author's notes, front matter, back matter, and cover text, none of which I can make myself do.
2. We just got a call that someone put an unauthorized $5000 charge on our credit card.
3. I'm due at an all-day meeting that starts at 8:30. And once there I'm scheduled to be installed as the new president of this 4-state organization.
4. And further, they're going to expect me to have something to say.
5. I'm scheduled for surgery in Wednesday, which means I have to get as much as possible wrapped up before then.
The upshot of all this is that for the next few days, blogging will fall to the bottom of my priority list. I'll be back whenever I can.